When I was heading up Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, I started writing weekly resolutions. Some fun, some about marketing, some more serious. People told me that they liked them and looked forward to reading them. So I kept writing them!
Since I'm not really into New Year's resolutions, I thought I would at least continue my own tradition of weekly thoughts/resolutions into 2010 as well. Just something to think about each week as we go about our lives.
This week ...
WATCH MORE MOVIES
With all the time off during the holiday season, I got the chance to watch a lot of movies. New movies, old movies, comedies, dramas, the whole gamut. Escapism at its best. I realized that I should really watch movies more often. Not just to escape, but also to learn.
- a piece of history that I didn't know much about --- "The Young Victoria"
- the background of a famous person --- "Gods and Monsters"
- pop culture --- "Julie & Julia"
- new production techniques --- "Night at the Museum 2"
- what it's like to be in the younger generations today --- "500 Days of Summer"
I saw over a dozen movies this past week and a half. I probably won't be able to quite keep up that pace, but I will make a more conscious effort to engage in them more often. Particularly as the Oscar season comes up. Movies are a great chance to escape and learn and stay connected with pop culture.
What's your experience? Jim.