Thursday, May 13

I Bought a Pair of Levi's



Maybe it's the economy or maybe I'm just getting older, but I looked in my closet the other day and had a realization. I have too many funky pairs of jeans. Stitching on the seams, tattoos on the pockets, stripes down the sides ... it's ridiculous. Not too mention what I paid for some of them!

I just want a plain ole' pair of jeans. Nothing fancy, just those great fitting jeans like I used to wear in high school. So what's a boy to do?

I turned to the classic American brand, Levi's. There's a Levi's store right near me in Manhattan so I gave it a whirl. I haven't seen a Levi's ad in years, so I wasn't sure if the brand had kept up. But I at least knew I'd find a basic pair of jeans.

I was quite shocked. Levi's has it going on! I had thought the brand was half dead and that I was just being nostalgic. The place was bustling and filled with merchandise. Cool merchandise. They of course had every flavor under the sun from pre-washed to raw denim to button fly to whiskers. But I just wanted a simple pair of jeans! But that's ok, they have them!

The service was incredible! Told the guy what I wanted and in two seconds flat he had the perfect pair exactly in my size. He told me how they would first shrink a little, and then stretch out ... so I should buy them a little tight (hadn't heard that in years!).

The entire experience was wonderful. I even got an extra pair that was on sale for $19.

Levi's, founded in 1850, is still alive and well, offering consumers a relevant brand experience but staying very true to who they are. I'm sold.

What's your experience? Jim.

3 comments:

  1. Jim,

    I like Levi's 501 jeans. Simple and functional. I used to have a Levi's Jeep from the early-70's. It had the logo on outside of the Jeep and the seats were upholstered with Levi's denim. It even had the Levi's buttons on the seams and the little orange tag on the side of each seat. What a great joint marketing venture -- two huge brands playing off each other. This was 15 years before Ford and Eddie Bauer got together. Jeep always had great marketing and still does. Talk about a brand that is recognized everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about your great experience Jim! Everyone at Levi's hears you loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete