Wednesday, August 24
Kim Kardashian Wedding
I am not going to take anything away from Kim or her mom or her family -- they know what they are doing. Whether you are a fan or not, you have to admit that they are quite the entertainment brand. Reality entertainment, but an entertainment brand none the less.
The event was filled with all the necessary branding and entertainment elements:
- a big "stage" (did you see all white draping?!)
- all the sisters (dressed in "Pippa" white)
- a theme (everyone was in black & white)
- celebrity attendance (complete with Ryan Seacrest!!)
- lots of media coverage (every magazine, every news channel, every entertainment show)
- of course not one but three dresses (with commentary from Vera Wang) -- this is the part where Kim especially channeled Kate Middleton as a fashion icon
Good for her -- she has created an incredible brand that led to this incredible moment for her and her family (and her franchise). Now all of this will be immortalized on an E! Entertainment Special in the Fall. All of it recorded for rabid, and not so rabid, fans.
Many predict that she has peaked. Not me, and I'm really not a fan just a marketer. I have a not so strange feeling that we are now going to be following her journey into newlywed-ness and motherhood, complete with brand sponsorships. Stay tuned. She is a brand on a mission.
What's your experience? Jim.
President of Lippe Taylor
Author of The Experience Effect