Tuesday, September 4

Classic Campbell's



I love it when you see a brand do something that ONLY that brand could do.  And then I love it even more when the brand does it in a way that ONLY that brand should do it.

So imagine my sheer delight when a friend sent me a tweet about the new Andy Warhol Campbell's Tomato Soup cans.  Sheer marketing delight.  Campbell's teamed up with the Andy Warhol Foundation to release a series of Andy-inspired packaging for tomato soup ... in honor of the 50th Anniversary of Andy's original Campbell's Soup iconic artwork.

I was actually reading my friend's tweet out loud with a couple of friends ... to which I then said, "And guess where you have to buy them?"

They said in unison, "Target!"

Of course!  The packaging is a limited edition run available only at Target stores. Of course.

Only Campbell's could build this kind of experience and doing it at Target makes only the best of sense.

Bravo!  Makes me crave some tomato soup.

What's your experience?  Jim.

Jim Joseph
President, Cohn & Wolfe NA
Author, The Experience Effect series
Professor, NYU

No comments:

Post a Comment